Monday, April 28, 2008

A Beginning

My Mom and Dad on their wedding day. May 27, 1926 in Allendale, Wabash County, Illinois


I have been blogging about my life on Sanibel and my life at rescuing and rehabbing wildlife for several months now. My other love is genealogy. Sooo, I decided to start a blog about my ancestors, hoping that I might be able to pick up some readers who are interested in my heritage or who just might be on a branch connected to my roots. I will be posting from time to time about each of my lines. My mom was born and raised in Wabash County, Illinois. Her ancestors mostly came from Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky and settled in Southeastern Illinois in Wabash, Edwards, Lawrence, Richland, and Clay Counties. My dad was born and raised in Ritchie County, West Virginia. His ancestors came mostly from Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. They met and married in Allendale, Illinois.

I also LOVE to do online research and have lots of books about Richland County, Illinois where my Clark, Richards and McCoy lines resided. Let me hear from you if you are interested in some research help.

I have done research for several of my friends so I might be posting some of their lines on here from time to time. Who knows?

Anyway, this is the birth of yet another blog. I hope that my readers enjoy it.

4 comments:

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh, Mom! This is awesome! I am really going to enjoy reading what you have to write after growing up hearing all the stories.

I think, too, it will be a benefit to those searching these lines, just having your blog pop up in their google-searches for surnames.

Congrats!

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Hey, look! You are already so popular they named a music festival after you!

http://tinyurl.com/3rqh8v

I showed it to Michael and he said you should change the name of your blog to...

"I Dream of Genealogy"

hee hee hee hee

Snowbird said...

Cute Michael!! Wish I had thought of that.

Wrath said...

Looking forward to seeing more.