Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Brooks Men

Wow, I can't believe that I haven't posted on here since April!! But, I got busy with selling my Ohio home, having an auction to get rid of stuff, moving permanently to Sanibel, Florida and settling in here, spending time with my other blog, Sand Between My Toes, and getting hooked on Facebook. Ok, so much for the excuses.

I went back over my genealogy posts and thought about what I could post on today. I had posted some old pictures on Facebook of my dad. He was one good looking man! My nieces and daughter felt the same way. One of them mentioned that many of the Brooks men were good looking. OK, so some were and some weren't! My dad was the youngest of 10 children, 8 of which were boys. I guess my dad's mom was saving up all the good looking genes for the last kid. What do you think?
Anyway, here are a few more of him over the years.
OK, so I suppose I should show you some more of the Brooks men. Each pretty good looking in their own way.

This picture was taken at my dad's funeral of his 4 remaining brothers-Knols, Charlie, Earl and Hobert.
My dad and his brother Knols in their younger days.
My Uncle Hobert
My Uncle Harry
My Uncle Earl
This handsome dude was my Uncle Delbert. Would you believe that he was a Lieutenant in Panco Villa's army?
My grandfather, Edwin Amos Brooks
And this handsome devil was my great grandfather, Nicholas Brooks Jr.
OK, so he wasn't quite so much the handsome devil when he got older!
And then there was Nicholas' brother, Benjamin Franklin Brooks.
Oh yeah, there is one other Brooks man I should mention. My big brother Bill. OK, so this was taken a few years ago--actually quite a few years ago--but I have always loved this picture.
And there you have The Brooks Men

1 comment:

Karen ShamaLamaMama said...

I think Nick Brooks Jr. was absolutely adorable when he got older... Ben Franklin looks a little scary, though.