Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wordless Wednesday-Dye Tombstones

This is a picture of my great great grandfather's tombstone. Amos Dye was the son of John Dye and Elizabeth Caywood, early settlers in Washington County, Ohio. Amos and his wife, Maria, are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in Marietta, Ohio.

This is my great, great grandmother's tombstone. Her name was Maria Taylor Dye. She was the daughter of Richard Taylor and Freedom Carpenter.

Ok, I know that you are busy checking out other Wordless Wednesdays but please bookmark me and drop back some time. This is my genealogy blog. I will be discussing my ancestors and from time to time I will be giving some instructions on how to do your own search. But now, go back to Wordless Wednesday and have a happy day.

Enjoy more Wordless Wednesdays at Wordless Wednesday and 5 Minutes for Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful tombstones! Thank you for sharing!